Registration will open in February 2021.
Opening Fall 2021
Why does nature based programming have to end after preschool? It doesn’t anymore…
SANS has applied to Alberta Education to operate an accredited funded Kindergarten program for the 2021-2022 school year. This program is awaiting Alberta Education Minister’s Approval (the final stage in this process) and will not open registration until approved.
- is a half day program Monday – Thursday. 11:45 am – 3:15 pm.
- delivers the Alberta Education Kindergarten Program of Studies.
- has children spending the majority of each day learning through and spending their time in a natural, outdoor environment.
- has a class size of 15 children (max.)
- is taught by an Alberta certified teacher with the help of an Education Assistant. For a ratio of 1: 8
- publicly funded with a $50 application fee and $265 total annual program fee.
* Fee is subject to minor changes prior to registration opening.
A New Approach to Kindergarten
Building on our successful preschool program, SANS will implement the Kindergarten curriculum utilizing experiential, outdoor based programming integrated with the necessary pencil and paper skills required for academic success. Students will move seamlessly into a regular grade 1 classroom.
The Kindergarten Team
Our lead teacher is Lori Waters-Sim. She comes to SANS Kindergarten with 10 years teaching experience in a Grade 1 French Immersion classroom. She is one of the founders of St. Albert Nature School and has taught the preschool program for the last 4 years.
“I know where they start ( preschool) and I know where they need to end up (Grade 1), so I’m really excited to utilize my love of outdoor programming, experiential education and classroom teaching experience to guide my students through the year in between.” – Miss Lori